my confinement period is over and now it's back to stay fit and healthy to shed those extra pounds (arrghhhh) ...
i'm starting with low impact cardio workout (20-30 minutes before baby screams for milk) and trying to eat clean and having fun cooking eat clean recipes at the same time trying to cut out unnecessary calories craving... eat healthy without compromising the nutrients that my baby needs in her breast milk..
so..i tried this quick and easy, delicious snack yesterday...
1 cup broccoli
1 cup cauliflower
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
2/3 cup breadcrumbs
2 tbsp dried mixed herbs
1 tbsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 200 degree celcius. grease a baking pan with a thin layer of oil
- blanch the broccoli and cauliflower in boiling hot water for about 1 min then remove and immersed in cold water to stop the cooking process
- chop the vegetables finely or pulse in the food processor for a few seconds to get the "rice" texture
- combine with eggs, onion, cheddar, breadcrumbs and seasoning. mix well
- scoop with your hands to make a firm ball and shape into a tater-tot shape
- place on the baking pan and bake for 20 min or until brown and crispy, turning over halfway
- remove from oven, enjoy hot with your favourite sauce
my verdict...easy, quick and tasty...