i adapted this recipe from Kak Rinn's fotopages for hubby's dinner today....the recipe uses readymade tomyam paste/cube, but none is available in my kitchen, so i ended making the paste myself...
the outcome was superbly, mouthwatering and absolutely delicious!!! hubby asked for more rice today as he really enjoyed the fish very much!!
1 whole fish (i used tilapia fish)
2 red chillies
a little bit of galangal
1 lemongrass, pounded lightly
salt and sugar to taste
coriander leaves for garnishing
- wash and clean the fish, make slits on the body.
- brush some tamarind paste on the fish, leave aside for a few minutes
- meanwhile, prepare the blended ingredients
- coat the fish with blended ingredients, lemongrass and kaffir leaves. add sugar and salt according to taste. marinade for 20 minutes
- put the fish in a baking dish. bake in oven for 20 minutes
- garnish with coriander leaves.
- squeeze lime juice on top of the fish before serving