i tried out this recipe from mamafami's fotopages and it turned out to be the BEST moist chocolate cake i've ever made.....bravo to the owner of this recipe....well liked by everyone who came to our farewell party....
i didn't make any topping, just sprinkle with icing sugar...
1 cup cake flour or plain flour (i used plain flour) }
1 teaspoon baking powder } sifted 3x
1 cup castor sugar 2 eggs (Grade A)
125 g butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup cocoa powder ]
1/2 teaspoon nescafe granules ]
1/4 cup castor sugar ] (mix all ingredients to make a smooth chocolate paste)
1/2 cup hot water ]
1/4 cup evaporated milk ]
1. Pre-heat oven at 175 C. Layer the baking tray with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar. Add in eggs, one at a time. Add in vanilla essence and continue beating till light.
3. Reduce speed, add in flour alternately with the chocolate paste.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
5. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.