a total hit during Aidiladha...yes, it's magic...because it is sooo speedy, easy to make, yet tastes luxuriously, superbly elegant and yummilicious! adapted from the Midweek Meals Made Easy...
4 tsp instant coffee granules
100ml boiling water
200g sponge fingers biscuits (saviordi)
2 tbsp caster sugar
160g natural yogurt
500g mascarpone cheese
60-70g plain chocolate, grated or crumbled flake chocolate bars
- dissolve coffee in boiling water
- arrange half the sponge fingers in a 20cm square shallow dish.
- spoon half of the coffee mixture evenly over biscuits
- beat sugar and yogurt into mascarpone, then spread half this mixture over biscuits
- cover mascarpone with remaining biscuits over the second layer of biscuits
- spoon grated chocolate evenly over the top
- chill for 10 min before serving