we love spaghetti and meatballs... i made them in advanced and store them in freezer, take them out to thaw then cook it... can't find the photo of the dish though...will put it up once i cook this dish again..
2 slices of white bread, crusts removed, torn
1/2 cup milk
1 onion, grated
500g mince beef
1/3 cup finely chopped basil leaves
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp olive oil
500g jar tomato pasta sauce
cooked pasta to serve
- place bread in large bowl. add milk. stand for 5 min.
- add onion, mince beef, egg, basil, cheese and half of parsley
- season with salt and pepper. mix to combine
- roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. place on to a plate
- heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. cook meatballs, turning, for 5-7 min or until browned or cooked through
- add pasta sauce. bring to boil. reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 2-3 min.
- sprinkle with remaining parsley. serve with pasta