1 1/2 cups butter
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk
- Grease and flour a baking pan. Do not preheat oven.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well each time. add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into pan.
- Place cake into cold oven, set the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for 60 to 90 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Top with confectioners sugar or glaze
It's simple but superbly delicious! Very moist and i love the crust....You can reduce the sugar to only 2 cups....I think it's sweet with 2 1/2 cup...Be careful of overflow...I used to bake this using 2 baking pans to avouid overflow- 1 nine inch pan and 1 six inch pan and it doesn't overflow and turns just nice..