Imtiaz's version - with pasta
making your own mushroom soup..? it is not impossible...very easy and nutritious too... i've browsed through a few recipes and in conclusion i've came up with this simple but marvelously tasted recipe...!
150g fresh button mushroom, chopped (you can use can mushroom as well)
1 litre chicken stock
4 potatoes, diced
2 bay leaf
5 tbsp butter
2 onion, chopped (you can use leeks as well)
ground black pepper
1 cup yogurt/sour cream/cream + 1/4 cup flour(optional)
- melt 2 tbsp butter in a saucepan over medium heat. sauté the mushroom until lightly brown. remove from heat and set aside
- melt the remaining butter. sauté the onion till fragrant and translucent.
- add in the chicken stock and bay leaf. add in the potatoes. cover and let simmer till the potatoes are tender.
- season with salt and pepper
- once the potatoes are done, remove the bay leaf. add in the mushroom. let simmer for a few minutes
- puree half of the mixture and return the pureed soup into the pan.
- mix the yogurt and flour till smooth, add into the soup to thicken.
you can also add some carrots to the soup after you sauté the onions.
because it contains potato, once you've pureed the soup it automatically thicken the soup. the optional yogurt mixture is not necessary. but it added extra taste to the soup. (or you can add the yogurt without the flour)