250 g butter
2 cups castor sugar
2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup water
1. Mix cocoa powder with water and set aside.
2. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda 3 times and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar.
4. Beat egg till fluffy.
5. Pour the eggs into the creamed mixture a bit at a time.
6. Add in vanilla essence.
7. Fold in the sifted dry ingredients into the mixture.
8. Pour in the cocoa mixture and keep folding.
9. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or till done
I found this recipe on one of the website (but i forgot the web address...so sorry to the owner...). This is one of the very moist chocolate cake....I really like the consistency and the chocolate taste...
P/S: This was the cake i baked when my l"ittle helper" broke a bottle of blue food colouring