my aunts always make this fried popiah during Hari Raya when people came to my late grandma's house for marhaban....
frozen mixed vegetables >> thawed
shallots, garlic and dried shrimps >> pounded
- heat oil in pan, fry pounded ingredients till fragrant
- add in thawed mixed vegetables. add in a little bit of water if it is too dry
- fry until the vegetables are cooked. remove from heat. let cool a bit.
- seperate the popiah sheets. put the mixed vege on the sheet and roll the popiah
- fry the popiah until golden brown
- store the unfried popiah in freezer for later usage