improvised from a recipe in Midweek Meals Made Easy..
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 carrots, finely chopped
1 garlic, crushed
600ml chicken stock
juice from a lemon
salt and pepper
- heat oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion, carrots and garlic until softened
- add stock, juice and half of the parsley. bring to boil. reduce heat, cover and let simmer gently 6-8 min or until tender.
- season with salt and pepper
- allow to cool before pureeing
- puree about 3/4 of the soup until smooth
- return puree to pan and heat until boiling
- sprinkle the remaining parsley