this is a simple dish that my kids love very much...if you don't have leek in stock, you can substitute with onion...
4 potatoes, cubed
2 leeks, sliced
1 onion, sliced
600 ml chicken stock
2 1/2 tbsp butter
2 celery sticks, sliced
200ml cream (i used low fat cream)
- boil the potato together with the chicken stock until tender
- in another skillet, heat the butter on medium heat and add in leek, onion and celery and cook until soft
- once both are done, transfer the leek mixture into the chicken stock and add cream to it...
- let simmer for another 10 min
- serve warm with toasted crusted bread
* if you don't want to use cream, you can puree some of the ingredients after the soup is done and mix back into the soup...