this is another lip-smacking dish that will keep your saliva drooling for more.....for a more creamy version, scroll down for amendments...
3 cups sliced mushroom (i used fresh white and brown button mushroom)
1/2 chicken, cut into pieces (or you can just use chicken breasts)
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup bread crumbs
2 tbsp + 2 tbsp butter
1 cup mozarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cup chicken stock
1 carrot, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius
- heat 2 butter in pan, sauté the mushrooms, carrots and bell peppers. set aside
- dip chicken into beaten eggs, then roll into bread crumbs
- in the same pan, over medium heat, brown both sides of chicken (add more butter if needed)
- arrange 1/2 of the mushroom at the base of a casserole dish. place the chicken on top of the mushroom. then, arrange the remaining vegetables and mushroom on top of the chicken.
- add in the chicken stock to the pan
- sprinkle the cheese on top of that
- bake in preheated oven for 30-40 min or until the chicken is no longer pink.
for a creamier version, substitute the chicken stock with a can of cream of mushroom - more lip-smacking!