a one dish meal that can satisfy your hungry stomach...
2 tbsp olive oil
300g minced chicken
250g button mushroom, roughly chopped
2 leeks, sliced
3 tbsp flour
200ml chicken stock
salt and pepper
2 tbsp chopped parsley
grated zest of 1 lemon
5 medium-sized potatoes,peeled and cut into small chunks
100ml milk, warmed
1 tbsp butter
- heat the oil in a large saucepan. add in minced chicken and mushrooms. cook over medium heat, stirring 3-5 min until lightly cooked and browned.
- add in leeks and cooked until softened
- stir in the flour until mix well, then stir in the stock, milk and season with salt and pepper
- bring to boil and simmer gently for 5 min.
- stir in the parsley and lemon zest, remove from heat and set aside
- boil the potatoes for 10 min until tender
- drain potatoes and mash with warmed milk and butter. season with salt and pepper
- preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius
- spoon the filling into an ovenproof dish. spread the mashed potatoes over the top
- sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese on top
- bake the pie for 20-30 min until the top is golden