lovely, lip-smacking soup....a bowl of soup packed with vitamin A and all the goodness of vegetables...yummy!
adapted from 101 low-fat feasts book...
3 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic, roughly chopped
1 carrot, roughly chopped
1 potato, roughly chopped
600ml chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
- preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius
- put the chopped vegetables in a pan, sprinkle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. roast the vegetables in the oven for about 40 min.
- when ready, pour a little bit of the chicken stock into the pan and scrape the pan and pour the roasted vege into the remaining chicken stock
- puree the soup till smooth and creamy
- serve with pasta or crusted bread