bread and butter pudding never fails to excite our tastebud..and making them will never go wrong...
i tried this recipe with a taste of apple....the original recipe uses nashi pear....
8 slices white bread, crust removed
60g sot butter
1 apple, cored and sliced
1/2 cup sultana
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 cup milk
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
50g slivered almonds
- preheat oevn 180 degrees
- spread bread with butter and cut each slice into 2 triangles. layer the bread into ovenproof dish
- tuck the apple slices in amongst the bread sprinkle with sultanas
- whisk the eggs with sugar and vanilla
- add milk and whisk to combine. gently pour over bread.
- sprinkle with nutmeg and almond
- set aside for 10 minutes
- bake for about 1 hour or until custard has set and top is golden