this is from my mum's collection of recipe...eaten with Ayam masak merah, dalca and acar mentah...lovely and easy to make as well....
1 tin evaporated milk
4 cup basmathi rice
4 cup water
1 inch ginger ]
5 shallots ] blended
5 ginger ]
5 star anise
1 inch cinnamon
3 pandan leaves
1 tin tomato puree (small)
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
2 tbsp ghee
- heat ghee in a pan. fry star anise, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and blended ingredients till fragrant.
- transfer the ingredients to a rice cooker. add water and let boil.
- add in tomato puree and ketchup with rice. mix well.
- cook the rice in the rice cooker until the water dries up. add in pandan leaves.
- let cook and serve hot. you may garnish with spring onion, raisins and fried shallots