a simplified version of lasagne...i used the readymade spaghetti sauce to make the chicken mixture...very creamy and tastes so italianies!...
2 tbsp olive oil
500g minced chicken
1/2 jar of readymade spaghetti sauce (i used Tesco's product)
12 sheets no-precook lasagne sheets
salt and blackpepper to taste
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup plain flour
2 1/2 cup milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- heat oil in pan, brown the minced chicken over high heat, stirring constantly.
- add the readymade spaghetti sauce. bring to boil, cover and simmer for 30 min
- make the cheese sauce. melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat, stir in the flour and cook for 1 min, stirring constantly. gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until the mixture boils and thickens. stir in 3/4 of the grated cheese until it melts, season to taste
- preheat oven to 190 degrees. make layers of chicken mixture, lasgne and cheese sauce in an ovenproof dish, starting and finishing with a layer of chicken mixture
- pour the remaining cheese sauce evenly on top. sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for 1 hour or until bubbling and lightly browned on top