i'm entertaining some friends today, so i tried out this recipe from Mamafami and Sis Rossya...i also made spicy chicken in red gravy...turned out lovely and delicious...a great combination...!
1 kg Basmathi rice
To grind/blend :
1 teaspoon cumin
3 cm ginger
10 cloves garlic
3 onions ~ sliced
500 g carrot ~ roughly grated
3 bunches corriander ~ clean the roots and grind with 5 green chillies
2 cinnamon sticks
salt to taste
crispy fried shallots
oil or margarine to cook
1. Wash the rice. Mix with grated carrots and put through a collander till all the water had drained out.
2. Heat oil/margarine on low heat. Fry onion till soft.
3. Add in blended ingredients, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamons. Add in the grounded chillies and corriander roots. Fry till fragrant.
4. Add in enough water and salt.
5. When boiling, put in the rice mixed with carrots and leave to cook.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves, fried shallots and raisins