i tried out this Thai recipe from kak Jun's blog...we think it means fried chicken with basil...
a lovely dish...when i was making this dish, i did not have thet basil leaves ini hand, so instead i used coriander leaves...tasted good as well....!
500g chicken cut into small pieces, marinate with 3 tbsp light soy sauce for 15 min(i used the normal soy sauce)
4 shallots, sliced
4 garlic, sliced
4 tbsp oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp fish sauce
3 red chillies, sliced
salt and pepper
5 kaffir leaves, sliced
1 cup basil leaves ( i used coriander leaves)
- heat oil in wok, fry the shallots and garlic till fragrant
- add in the chicken pieces, fry until 3/4 cooked
- add in soy sauce and fish sauce. add in a little bit of water if it's too dry
- add in salt and pepper. mix well
- add in kaffir leaves, basil and red chillies. mix well.
- when the chicken is cooked remove from heat and serve...