these appealing cupcakes duplicate the enticing flavour of cappuccino coffee....for coffee lovers....taken from The Cupcake Book..
1 3/4 cup flour
2 tbps cocoa powder
2 tbsp nescafe powder
1/3 cup castor sugar
1 tbsp honey
3/4 cup water
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp milk
- preheat oven to 180 degrees. line muffin pan with baking cups
- sift together flour and cocoa powder
- put the coffe, butter, sugar, honey and water together in a saucepan. heat gently, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. bring to boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 min. transfer to a bowl and let cool
- in a nother bowl, dissolve the baking soda in the milk
- when cool, stir in the flour mixture, the soda mixture and the egg, beat until smooth
- fill each baking cup and bake for 25 min
** i mix the batter with 1 cup of chocolate chips, making it more mocha!