i tried this recipe from mamafami's fotopage....nice and lovely...
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg ~ lightly beaten
5 tablespoons water (I used water from the fridge)
2 granny smith apples , cut into small cubes
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1. For filling : Mix all the ingredients in a pot and cook on slow fire till the apple softens. Set aside to cool.
2. Rub butter and flour till it forms like breadcrumbs.
3. Add in egg and water, a bit at a time and mix well till a soft dough is formed. Cover with a damp cloth and leave to rest for about 10 - 20 minutes. (I kept the dough in the fridge)
4. Roll the dough thinly amd cut into rectangle shape. Put the filling at one side and cover with the other side. Put a bit of water at the edges to 'glue' the dough. Press with a fork at the edges to secure the filling.
5. Brush with egg yolk and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 - 200 degree celcius till golden brown.