i tried out making buns out of this recipe from Roshayati Johari..i got this recipe from mamafami's fotopage...soft and lovely...i made some fillings for the bun, kaya and fried mackerel with onion and cheese...i made half of the recipe and managed to get 9 buns...
500g bread flour/high protein flour
1 teaspoon salt
30g milk powder
1 teaspoon bread improver (optional)
1 teaspoon bread softener (optional)
4 teaspoons instant dry yeast
(B) 250ml water
1 egg (lightly beaten)
[you can also use 80g margarine OR 80g shortening, instead of 40g butter + 40g shortening ]
1. Mix well all ingredients in (A)
2. Add (B) into (A) and knead till smooth.
3. Add (C) and continue kneading till smooth and shiny and dough does not stick to your hand.
4. Leave to prove for 30 - 40 minutes.
5. Punch down the dough to let the air out.
6. Divide the dough according to the weight you wish. Make into balls and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
7. Shape accordingly. put the fillings you want
8. Leave to prove for 40 minutes - 1 hour. (i can't wait that long because everybody was very hungry..i prove for about 20 minutes)
9. i brush the bun with egg yolk
10. Bake till golden brown.