from Periplus Mini cookbooks...this is absolutely lovely and delicious...lovelier when served with vanilla ice cream..yummy..!!!
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1 cup chopped pecans or pistachio (i used almonds and walnuts)
250g dark cooking chocolate
2 tsp vanilla essence
4 eggs, lightly beaten
- preheat oven 180 degrees. brush a 8x 12 inch cake tin with melted butter or oil. line the base with baking paper, extending over 2 long sides
- sift flour and cocoa powder in a large bowl and combine with sugar and nuts. make a well in the centre
- chop chocolate into small pieces. add chocolate pieces to the dry ingredients
- melt butter in a small pan over low heat. add it to dry ingredients with vanilla and eggs. stir until ingredients are well combined
- pour the mixture into prepared tin, smooth the surface and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- set aside for 2 hours before cutting
- serve with vanilla ice cream