adapted from Essential Cooking Series- Home Baking book..moist and lovely...
3/4 cup sugar
2 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa
3 tsp baking powder
1 apple, sliced
icing sugar to dust
- preheat oven 180 degrees.
- melt butter in a large saucepan. remove from heat and mix in sugar and eggs until combined
- sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into mixture. beat with a wooden spoon until smooth
- half fill the muffin cup with mixture. top with apple slices then with chocolate mixture to fill the cases
- bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm. let cool
- dust with icing sugar