my mum's recipe...we really love asam pedas...!!! everybody will stay at the dinner table waiting to sip all the gravy last...
1/2kg ikan parang
1 onion ]blend
1 tomato ]blend
3 red chillies ]blend
3 tbsp dried chilli paste
2 tbsp oil
2 stalk lemongrass
3 tbsp tamarind + water
salt and sugar
- heat oil in pot, add, lemongrass and blended ingredients and chilli paste. fry until fragrant.
- add in tamarind juice. let boil
- add in fish and daun kesum, let simmer
- add in lady fingers and bunga kantan
- add salt and sugar according to taste
- remove from heat